SSL VPN very slow , I get only 700kbps

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
I have at work 100 down 100 up fiber channel, when i connect to my organization via SSL VPN i get speed 700kbps maximum, when I doing PPTP or LT2P I get maximum .
So i just wondering if MTS limit my access?
Photo of SHAVIY

SHAVIY

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jeremy

Jeremy, Official Rep

• 18,704 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Shaviy,

That is a very strange issue indeed.  I can assure you we do not throttle or limit your internet connection in any way.  As for why this issue is occurring it is very tough to say.  It could possibly be a setting in your modem or router, depending on the model you have.  It could also be an issue with the connection itself.  A couple questions to ask yourself would be; What speed do I get when I just simply using a regular direct connection to the internet?  Is there any 3rd party equipment connected such as hardware firewalls that may be affecting the VPN connection? Has the connection ever worked at max speed or has it been an issue since the service was installed?  These questions should help point you in the right direction.  My final suggestion is to try giving our friendly neighborhood tech support a call when your having this issue.  They can run some checks and diagnostics from their end to see if there is any funny business going on with the connection itself.  The will likely ask you those same 3 questions as well.

Best of luck and I wish you a speedy solution.
Photo of SHAVIY

SHAVIY

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jeremy,

I did, I spoke with MTS,SHAW and everybody say the same, we not throttle any connection , for me is sound like not correct.Yes I reach maximum speed of connection all the time , and all employee via PPTP as well, so now is very strange situation, or someone don't know what he doing or just try to cheat.Because SSL VPN is not PPTP
People who try test a connection don't have a 3th party equipment only MTS WIFI modem calls  2 wire.
In my Business we have 3th party equipment and this equipment very strong and nothing to do with them because another ISP reaching a fast internet connection via SSL VPN.
My complain why  MTS throttle connection.How I can check that?Who a person I need to speak ?
Photo of Jeremy

Jeremy, Official Rep

• 18,704 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Shaviy,

I can assure you we do not throttle your connection regardless of the type of connection it is, however there is obviously an issue that is occurring.  Something I would recommend trying is to run a traceroute when you are connected to your VPN and the connection is slow, then run another when you are not connected to the VPN and the connection is good.  This way we could see the different path and determine exactly where the bottle neck is occurring.  If the trace shows the ping time jump in the first 4 or 5 hops then it is certainly something on our network causing an issue and would be something we could escalate with that trace information.  This would enable us to focus our investigation.  However if the pings spike after the 5th hop then it could be something else causing the issue.  We can still investigate and try to help but at that point it would be off our network and our control may be limited.  Grab those trace results and give our tech support a call.  I am certain they can look into this for you if they are presented with the complete issue and substantial information to prove the issue.