Spam texts.

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Solved
I, my mom, dad and a few others have received a text from the same person or thing...and non of us have never giving out our cell numbers to people we don't know..a pic will be attached to you can see what I have gotten more than once today...
Photo of Chad Pidruchny

Chad Pidruchny

• 1,286 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Dustin

Dustin, Champion

• 5,512 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Remember...just because you have never given out your number doesn't mean that someone else hasn't done it. (Ie. Someone letting a website or app access their contacts list that has your number in it).

That being said...if the sender is always the same, you might be able to have MTS block them for you.
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

• 27,142 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You don't have to give out your number to get these. 

There are ways to find out on the internet what exchange prefixes are registered to cell companies in their targeted area codes.  In this case the spammers used their  automated process to start sending spam texts at 204/431  nnn-0001 through  nnn-9999.

I got the same one a few days ago and  I just moved it right into deleted items, the same way I would if it was a spam email.
(Edited)
Photo of Matt

Matt, Alum

• 1,440 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hey there,

I have ensured this particular mail host has been blocked from sending messages to our text message system.Thanks for letting us know.

Matt
What is the MTS email I can use to forward a spam text for them to look into??? I don't want to post a screen shot of the text as my phone number is on it 3 times!!!!
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

• 27,142 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Community@mts.net should result in one of the site admins getting it for further investigation

If you have access to twitter you could send it as a direct message to @MTSHelps for one of the customer service staff to look into
(Edited)
Thanks Clifford, just emailed them :)
Photo of mcmanone

mcmanone, Champion

• 6,710 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Morning Just starting to get a lot of them now as well??? unsure why.
Photo of Justin F

Justin F, Official Rep

• 1,326 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello mcmanone!

Could you kindly provide more details to the issue that you experiencing? It was previously advised that this particular mail host, (initially mentioned in this post), has been blocked from sending messages to our text messaging network. We are curious to know if this is in fact the same mail host, or if it is another one.

Thank you
(Edited)
Photo of mcmanone

mcmanone, Champion

• 6,710 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Justin I did send an email right after I posted this this morning:) with screen snaps of it.
(Edited)