A good tip to try when you run into speed issues is to try resetting your hardware by unplugging the power source.
1. Power off all wireless devices such as tablets and cell phones.
2. Power off all computers.
3. Unplug any customer owned network gear such as routers, extenders, etc.
4. Unplug all MTS tv boxes.
5. Unplug the MTS gateway.
6. Wait two minutes.
7. Plug the MTS gateway back in and wait until the lights settle into the all green pattern.
8. Plug in a single computer connected directly to the MTS gateway by a network cable.
9. Test your speed, if it is better you have potentially resolved the issue.
10. Plug the MTS PVR box back in. If you got the correct one once it boots you will be able to see recorded programming.
11. Retest speeds.
12. Plug in remaining MTS tv boxes one at a time and retest speed after each one.
13 . Plug in customer owned network gear one device at a time and retest after each one.
14. Turn back on remaining computers one at a time, retesting after each one.
15. Bring the wireless devices back on one at a time, retesting after each one.
If you fully follow these steps and retest the speed only from the computer used in step 8 you will have identified which device is causing the speed issues. If you have a speed issue starting at step 8 there is a good possibility it is an MTS side issue however it could still be that one computer that has the issue.