Locked sim/ PUK code

• Problem
  • Updated 7 days ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
I was looking through my settings and I went on phone I clicked random things and it asked me for a password it said 3 try's. I didn't really think much of it but now my sim got locked and I can't call/message anyone and my data isn't working. On top of my phone says "Locked SIM" and it's now asking for a PUK and I don't know what to do.
Photo of John Ocampo

John Ocampo

• 70 Points
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Gillian

Gillian, Official Rep

• 4,920 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hey John,

A PUK  or "personal unlocking key" is a security feature on most mobility devices that protects your SIM Card data. In cases like yours, when entered several times incorrectly a code is required to override the shut down setting that the phone is in to protect itself. 

Please feel free to give us a call at Customer Care at 204-225-5687 to verify your account information and we can provide this code for you. 

Photo of Natalie Maguire

Natalie Maguire

• 60 Points
My sim is locked as well and I can’t call you from my phone
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

• 26,966 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
can you access the online chat feature from this page  https://www3.bellmts.ca/mts/contact+us?  Only other suggestion to contact Customer Care is to find a landline or ask to borrow one of your friends phones.
Photo of Justin F

Justin F, Official Rep

• 1,030 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Additionally, any Bell MTS store can also assist with this as well!

Have a great day! :)
Photo of Christy

Christy, Official Rep

• 972 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
That's a fantastic idea.
Photo of chemist

• 648 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I asked about this feature to be available in MyAccount about 2 years ago. There was a promise to look into an implement such a feature. Is this that hard to match ICC with PUK in the MyAccount???