Lightning 25 Rate Increase September 2015

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Is MTS not supposed to provide a bill warning or message before increasing the rates? I looked back on 4 of my previous bills and saw no such mention of a rate increase... Yet my internet is $2 more this month. Isn't this a violation of some consumer protection act? I haven't called MTS but I don't like having increases with no warning.
Photo of K from Canada

K from Canada, Champion

• 4,744 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

• 27,078 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Notification is on the bills I received in July and Aug saying there was in increase effective in Sept under the news tab on the top of Page 2
(Edited)
Photo of K from Canada

K from Canada, Champion

• 4,744 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Well I'll be..... There it is.... Its only one line and blurs in with the titles...

My bad... I was looking under messages at the bottom.... You think that's where they would put it.

Thanks and my bad... But I'm sure I'm not the only customer who missed it.
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

Until you posted I had not seen it either but then my bill has not gone up, my increase will show on the next bill in a week or so. 

I wonder if MTS might want to think about putting any changes like this  under the Notifications line on their MTS.ca  site which shows up on all the different service sections as well as on the bills.
(Edited)
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

I just went onto "MY BILL" and you have to explicitly click news and messages link to see it there too.
(Edited)
Photo of ertyu

ertyu

• 1,884 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
As I don't yet have internet service I was annoyed to see the prices increase without any notification on the website.
Photo of t

t

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just looked at my bill too. The lightning 7mbps down plan is going up another $2/month too!
At least the 3rd time they have increased the rates in the past 2 years, yet they don't improve the service at all!!

I wouldn't be so upset if there were at least other options here or if they would have faster plans. 
But this is ridiculous. $58/month before tax for 7mbps down is ridiculous.

I would also suggest that they make it more visible that the rates are increasing. It's like they are hiding it in the fine print. I get my email with the amount I owe and then just pay it through online banking. I generally dont look at the actual bill since it's always the same.

Very disappointing.
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

And there is no use threatening to go to Shaw as their prices went up on Aug 1 by $2 according to the people complaining on the Shaw Community Page.
Photo of Tennille

Tennille, Social Media Coordinator

• 15,524 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I do understand that rate increases can be disappointing, inflation does affect everything around us.
The feedback about your bills and the placement of messages and notices are good ones and I will pass them on.

Thank you,
Tennille