Jets playoffs on Sportsnet?

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Please don't tell me BellMTS is forcing us to shell out the ridiculous $15 price tag for the Sports Fanatics package to watch the Jets playoff games in-market. Prices have already increased, and recently.
Photo of jared

jared

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of CoryB

CoryB, Champion

• 27,758 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
BellMTS is just the middle man here. The true criminal is Rogers who controls all the national NHL rights in Canada which include all playoff games.
Photo of jared

jared

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Oh right, I forgot that BellMTS really isn't to blame on this. Sorry folks, my bad.

It's just too bad it's not on TSN3.
Photo of Doug P

Doug P

• 1,196 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
What i find funny, is the CBC has all the Leaf games, and even though Winnipeg plays on the opposite night, Rogers has elected to give CBC the Las Vegas games.  you would think that CBC would broadcast Canadian games, but I guess the Las Vegas is more important.
Photo of WAYNE SYS

WAYNE SYS

• 62 Points
This is a real shame that our National Broadcaster ISN'T airing a Canadian game, ie. the Jets.  I wonder how would the GTA would react to airing an American team on CBC and forcing GTA viewers to buy Sportsnet for the Leafs.  This is outrageous!!!
Photo of CoryB

CoryB, Champion

• 27,758 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Keep in mind the CBC has no say in which games they can air. Rogers paid bigger bucks to have the rights to all national NHL games, including the playoffs.

Rogers than has a side deal that gives rights for games SELECTED BY ROGERS to the CBC.