iPhone 6S sales?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Any word on when iPhone 6S might come on promo? My term is up beginning of February and am thinking of upgrading in the near future.

Thanks
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

• 12,804 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Peter Parker

Peter Parker, Champion

• 2,610 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Since this is a brand new phone from Apple and their flagship model I wouldn't expect a sale any time soon, but with that said there might be a boxing day sale coming up or a sale starting in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of the year when the iPhone 7 gets released.
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

Thank you - I might just hang onto the iPhone 5S still. I'm debating what I want to do. I still love my 5S but will likely upgrade eventually.
Photo of CoryB

CoryB, Champion

• 27,698 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Most of the larger sales/discounts on iPhones tend to occur on the model that is one behind the current model, so the iPhone 6.
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

That makes sense - I will likely get the iPhone 6S probably in April or May.
Photo of Tennille

Tennille, Social Media Coordinator

• 15,524 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Peter makes some good points. We don't have sale information very far in advance since technologies can change so quickly we have to be able to too! Details aren't released until right before the sale. 
Keep an eye on MTS.ca and you'll always see the latest there. :) 

Tennille 
Photo of CoryB

CoryB, Champion

• 27,678 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
That said a competitor has already started their Boxing Day sale.
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

• 27,068 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
MTS has a slide in the opening banner on MTS.ca saying boxing day sale now on until Jan 3/16 with up to $200 off on select phones.
(Edited)
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

Well... I caved! Lol. I went to the MTS store just asking when my contract expires and ended up walking out with an IPhone 6 64 Gb for $349. Looks like my MTS relationship will continue another 2 years :)
(Edited)
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

Apparently the sales rep told me the iPhone 6 is the most popular device they are selling