I’m over 18 now and want to switch account to my name, The money comes out of my account already and I have permission, what else do I need

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
Photo of bgaultier


  • 70 Points

Posted 4 months ago

  • 1
Photo of CoryB

CoryB, Champion

  • 28,086 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I think you need to get the current account holder to sign off on the transfer and pass a credit check.
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

  • 27,218 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This is from about 3 years ago regarding what is required but I don't think that the process has changed

Photo of Justin F

Justin F, Official Rep

  • 1,396 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello bgaultier!

In order to complete a change of responsibility for a wireless account, the following criteria must be met:

-Permission from the current account holder

-Original account must be free of any past due charges

-Must have credit check completed

Once that criteria is met, the process is fairly simple and streamlined, and you will be the full owner of the wireless contract!

Hopefully this answers your question, should you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to speak with one of our Wireless Sales agents at 204-225-5687, they are available Monday to Friday 8:00AM to 6:00PM, or additionally, feel free to drop in at any of our Bell MTS stores.

Have a great day! :)