HTTP Error 502 webmail sign-in

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Lots of problems with the "new and improved" MTS web-mail.  Screen freezes, increased spam, etc.  Most furstrating is the HTTP Error 502 message when trying to sign in - see below. 
Any timeline on getting all these issues fixed?  Some of us actually want to use our MTS email accounts, and all the new 'features' (listed above) are making things too difficult. 
Not having any problem with my non-MTS web-based email accounts, so I suspect the problem is not my computer.
Photo of Lou Guay

Lou Guay

• 70 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jeremy

Jeremy, Official Rep

• 18,714 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Lou,
The increase in spam is mostly caused by the fact it's a new server we are working off of, so it needs to build a reputation and understanding of your email habits to block appropriately.  We do subscribe to a global spam block list, but it wont catch everything and needs help to develop the ever growing list of spam emails. 
The 502 errors you are getting is an issue we are aware of and are trying to rectify.  It's caused by a server timeout when you try to access the mail server.  There were several additional servers added a short while ago to address this and now we are in the process of balancing the users across these servers.  
I understand there have certainly been some growing pains with the move over to an entirely new email service and I sincerely hope they are all resolved soon.  I don't like the issues trying to access my own mail either so I feel your pain.