Expand Call Centre hours

• Idea
  • Updated 15 hours ago
  • Under Consideration

Hi,

A suggestion I have is expand your call centre hours for customer service/billing to say something like 8-8 Monday thru Friday Saturday sunday 9-5 or 6 or something like that!  That would create more opportunities for university/College students would create more jobs and make it easier for customers to reach you!  I am aware that you offer chat till those times but would be great to connect if you expand them back the way they were.  I realize you might not get calls after 6 pm during the week but you guys can do mass media, advertise for longer customer service hours etc.  I am very pleased to see MTS going more social and being on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter and opening the new community forums!  I can see MTS is doing way more and I think its a very nice site and I look forward to reading and posting here more! 

Have a great day!

Gordon 

Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

• 12,774 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Sylvie

Sylvie, Employee

• 1,136 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Official Response

Thanks for this great suggestion! We regularly monitor our call traffic to ensure we have hours in place that effectively support our customers, but we recognize that today’s consumer expects help and service anywhere, anytime, and we’re striving to be able to offer that. We’re not there yet, simply because we also need to allocate resources where and when it makes most sense. Thank you for recognizing that by launching this sort of community, we’re trying to improve the way we offer customer support ;)

Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

Hey there,
Any update on this? I have seen many posts on this site and the MTS facebook account and i think there would be a demand for longer care hours. Thanks.
Photo of Jessica

Jessica, Alum

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi gordon1111! There's a lot of factors that go into the decision of the Call Centre hours. We're currently in the midst of reviewing them to look for opportunities to continue to serve our customers better. As you mentioned earlier, we have the webchat available Monday to Friday from 8AM - 8PM and twitter support at later hours and on weekends to increase our accessibility after regular working hours. We're also currently in the process of hiring more employees in the Contact Center to deal with call volumes. 
Photo of Richard Scott

Richard Scott

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Seriously twitter support? What a joke.
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

• 26,752 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I agree with that not all MTS  customers have or want twitter.  I know that I don't use/want it.    I have had success with the chat feature though on the MTS site.
Photo of CoryB

CoryB, Champion

• 27,102 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Keep in mind Twitter also moves conversations to email so there is also that: community@mts.net I believe.
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

• 26,752 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I thought that community@mts.net went to the site admins here for them to send problems out for investigation.  It doesn't really get you a fast response for urgent problems.
Photo of Tennille

Tennille, Social Media Coordinator

• 15,522 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Good morning gentlemen,

Clifford is correct, the email is for non urgent issues -> community@mts.ca and are handled by the most appropriate department.

If you have an urgent problem with any of your services technical support can be reached at 204-225-5687 24/7, 365 days a year.

They do monitor the busiest times for the call center, including billing and sales - I will ensure your feedback reaches the correct people!

Thank you. :)
Tennille
Photo of CoryB

CoryB, Champion

I would further agree extended MTS customer service hours would be welcome. I know the few times I have needed to call in the limit of hours to 6:00 pm meant I was not able to call from home as I would prefer.
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

Any updates on this? I was hoping with the brand refresh MTS would increase hours of operation.
Photo of Tennille

We haven't heard any news up updated hours of operation at this time. I know the call centre is under constant scrutiny and look for the best ways to improve. We have taken this forward to our Customer Experience team all the same. :) 

Thanks Gordon! 
Photo of CoryB

CoryB, Champion

Even if you could have a few staff work until 8 pm and see what demand is there. Even if that isn't possible the call center should be able to get a report on what time calls are coming in when they are not open and it what volume as a gauge of unmet demand.
Photo of thisis myname

thisis myname

• 814 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have been trying for an hour on the chat.."We are currently away or experiencing high chat volumes. Please try chatting with us later.".
Photo of Tennille

Hello thisis myname, 

Our web chat is available until 8pm for sales and 10pm for technical support. 
Our call centre is open 24/7 by telephone. The hours for different departments can be found here: https://www3.mts.ca/mts/contact+us

If you still need a hand, please feel free to reach out to us using any of the methods listed in that link or send us an email here at community@mts.ca 

Thanks! 
Tennille :) 
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

One other thing that could be helpful is billing being open the same time as customer service as I recall a few times in past that I had an inquiry about my bill when I recieved my bill on a Saturday only to have to call back Monday. Thanks.
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

Did BellMTS change the wireless sales and service hours and Saturday they are now closed?
Photo of Tennille

Hello Gordon, sorry for the delay - wireless sales and service is closed on Saturday. It shows on our website: https://www3.bellmts.ca/mts/contact+us 
There have been some changes to what department handles what request, that's the reason for the shift in opening hours. If you have questions regarding your wireless services, technical support is still open 24/7, 365 days/year. :) 
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

FYI - you may want to update the hours on your IVR/Voicemail system. It still says old hours.