Does the Pace 5168N router allow for manual DNS server configuration?

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
I received a Roku3 this past holiday and would like to set it up so that I receive US Netflix ( a friend refered me to a provider to do this).  I have followed the set up information to change the DNS setting on my Mac computer however after all is done with the device still recognize the IP address as Canadian.  I want to override this and also is it possible to set up the router to static routing?
Photo of Kim Reith

Kim Reith

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jeremy

Jeremy, Official Rep

• 18,704 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Kim,
This is a common question that comes up, getting US Netflix seems to be a popular request these days.  Within our RG (5168N) you can manually adjust your DNS settings, you would simply have to login to the device from a hardwired computer and it's under the Settings tab, then select the Broadband option at the top, then Link Configuration below that.  Now I do need to mention these advanced settings and configurations are not supported by us so unfortunately our Technical Support group wouldn't be able to help you make these adjustments but the options are there for you to adjust your DNS settings.  As for static routing I have not found a way to make that work within our equipment.  The setting to do so is simply not available within these devices.