Customer service survey after contacting MTS

• Idea
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Under Consideration
I just received a survey to rate the service I got from the rep when I contacted MTS about a billing problem(again!).I was asked to rate the rep..well I am sure the rep is very knowledgable and helpful but I could not rate her service as I was on hold for 35 minutes waiting to speak to one.In that time period I already resolved the problem on online chat support.

Perhaps you should not be getting us to rate the reps themselves and perhaps start rating the time it took us to get to talk to that rep..No sense blaming them for the company's slow access time from customer to customer rep contact...I refuse from now on to partake in any after support surveys as the low ratings are being shifted to the wrong people in the company and I cannot allow my survey responses result in blame on an individual who has no control over how long it takes me to get in contact with them...The blame for the issue is higher up than them in the organization.
Photo of thisis myname

thisis myname

• 824 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Tennille

Tennille, Social Media Coordinator

• 15,526 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello!

I want to apologize that someone hasn't responded to your post sooner.  You have brought forward some great points. I will take these and share them with our 'higher ups', as it's good to have customer feedback like this and we appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

I hope you're having a lovely day!
Tennille :)
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

• 12,824 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
A suggestion - I feel it would be better for customers if you send out surveys thru text instead of calling as it would be a lot easier for customers as I know myself a few times I had to hang up on the survey calls because they often call at the worst times. This way a customer can answer them as they wish and not at that moment. Thanks!
(Edited)
Photo of Tennille

Hi Gordon, do you mean a link in a text message that would then direct you to an online survey?
I do like your idea of sending the survey through text!
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

thats one option yes - but i was referring to where you answer the questions on a text message. 
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

• 27,142 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

One problem I can see is if it comes from the "7000" id MTS  has used before for text messages and  does not actually show the name MTS people may think that it is suspect/spam and not reply either. 

I do like the idea of being able to select a text option though in principal for being less intrusive.

Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

Gordon do mean a short robo text conversation survey?  I am just trying to think how a text survey would work.
Photo of Tennille

Good question Clifford, I was wondering the same. I do like the less intrusive option - however this would only work for customers who have an MTS cell phone otherwise we may not have a cell phone on file for each and every customer.
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

at least it could work with customers that had cell phone account interaction as you have the number.
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

That's what I was referring too Clifford! My mom used to use Telus and every time we spoke to them her cell phone would get a text to rate the customer service representative! You would rate the question from 1-5 then once you answered it would keep asking you questions until it was done.
(Edited)
Photo of Tennille

Thank you again Gordon & Clifford for your feedback - I am putting this through as a suggestion! :)
Photo of marilyn

marilyn

• 64 Points
These surveys are now coming via email, as I am sure you know. I think the process is a good one, except that they should not be sent until the reason for the customer service call has been resolved.

We had to change our home phone number because the one we were given when we relocated was bringing in unwanted robo calls from a collection agency to some unknown person who had previously had that number.

BellMTS was very helpful then, even waiving the $12 fee usually charged when a phone number is changed. However, I have just realized that this new number is not allowing anyone to reach us!

When I called customer service for help with this problem, a ticket had to be created, because the technician was unable to immediately resolve all the issues. However, I have already received the survey!

I feel that we should not have to answer questions about the service we received until the issue has been resolved.
Photo of Justin F

Justin F, Official Rep

• 1,326 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your feedback marilyn! I have gone ahead an passed along your suggestion. Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. Have a great day!