Black Friday wireless deals

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Hi!

Will there be any wireless Black Friday savings this year? If so, when will information be released?
Photo of Shawn

Shawn

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of CoryB

CoryB, Champion

• 27,970 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Heard a rumor there may be a real "hot" deal on the Note 7, some might even call it "explosive". ;-)

Deals are usually announced fairly close to the day so midweek next week is a safe bet. Seen posts from other carriers on some last gen iPhone deals and carriers tend to travel in packs so that might be something to watch for.
Photo of K from Canada

K from Canada, Champion

• 4,744 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Nothing yet?
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

• 27,142 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I sent a tweet to MTS Helps. Megan should be by shortly with a response
Photo of Megan

Megan, Official Rep

• 3,346 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi there! 

Our Black Friday Deals started yesterday November 23rd, and will run till end of the day on Monday November 28th. All the devices included in our Black Friday savings have been updated on the MTS Website to reflect the reduced purchase price. 

I've provided a link to assist you in reviewing the options: https://www.mts.ca/residential/wireless/phones-and-devices

As an added bonus, you will receive a pair of Mittens (while supplies last) with a new device purchase! 

Megan
Photo of Debbie Dunmall

Debbie Dunmall

• 4,326 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Any Black Friday deals for 2017?
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

Here is the link  to what is being offered in 2017 as of Thursday night.  I don't know if there will be more specials on Friday or Cyber Monday.
 https://www.bellmts.ca/residential/offers/black-friday-epic-event
Photo of Debbie Dunmall

Debbie Dunmall

Thanks... I find their website so confusing... ie. 

Requires a Premium Smartphone Plus plan with a minimum of $65/mo.

Requires a Premium Smartphone plan with a minimum of $55/mo

There is no mention of the Total Internet plan thingy which I have,,, which category would I be IF I upgrade? I know I pay $55/mo (but my bill doesn't say it's a Premium Smartphone plan)...  plus Total Internet on top.

I am eligible to upgrade and was thinking of one of the Galaxy S8s... also willing to wait til the phones are unlocked.

Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

As far as I can tell the difference in the 2 plans are you pay less (usually $0) for your handset with the Premium Plus plan but pay $10 more a  month.
Photo of Gillian

Gillian, Official Rep

• 4,940 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi Debbie,

Thanks for asking about this. 

As you know our plans are a combination of a starter plan + voice component + data component to have service on a smart phone device. You get to choose your own adventure for the voice and data features but in regards to the pricing on the handsets it has to do with the Starter Plan specifically.

This information refers direction to the starter plan associated with the pricing on the device. If you choose to go with a phone that's priced associated with the Premium Smartphone Plus plan - the starter plan will be $45/month for the length of the contract. If you go with a phone priced based on the Premium Smartphone plan then the starter plan will be $35/month for the contract length.

With Total Internet it does suppress the data component for as long as your on TI - but is still taken into consideration for the minimum plan price point of $55/$65/month. If you were to ever go off Total Internet then your data would automatically go back onto the bill.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Cheers,
Gillian
Photo of Debbie Dunmall

Debbie Dunmall

Thanks, that helps a bunch... do you know if the phones in stock right now are unlocked yet?
Photo of Gillian

Gillian, Official Rep

• 4,940 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
To the best of  my knowledge, as of now they are not. Once the policy changes on December 1st, 2017 - all devices at time of sale will be unlocked. 

- Gillian
Photo of CoryB

CoryB, Champion

My understanding is that as of Dec 1, 2017 all currently active wireless devices must be unlocked for free if the customer requests. It does not matter when the device was sold.

In other words you aren't going to pull ten old devices out of your closet and get them all unlocked with only a single active line on your account.

(Edited)
Photo of Debbie Dunmall

Debbie Dunmall

I thought it was Dec 13th but the 1st is even better :-)
Photo of JAMES STEWART

JAMES STEWART

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Who cares about mittens when I just wasted an hour waiting to be told you're out of all Samsung S8 and S8+ models. Good promotion, worse customer service, maybe put up a notice or ask people what phone they're looking for when they walk in. I'm glad I'm off contract, if you can't find me a phone I'm off to another provider and I'll take my other services with me.
Photo of Debbie Dunmall

Debbie Dunmall

Oh no, that sucks... just got another Black Friday notice today showing the S8s... :-(
Photo of CoryB

CoryB, Champion

Too bad it's not like another Canadian carrier where you call them and the new phone is couriered to your door. Sorry if that makes you "red" with envy.
Photo of gordon1111

gordon1111, Champion

• 12,824 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I got an iphone 7 128GB for $0.00 for 25% off for Otterbox and screen protector and when I went and said i did not want a screen protector he knocked off an additional $10.00 of the purchase price so I was very happy :) Guess I am staying with BellMTS for at least 2 more years!
(Edited)