An upset customer.

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Was walking by the old MTS connect store which is now telus in the kp mall I heard lady who was on the list of customers that are being forced to go with telus and in order for her to go back to bell/mts she would be forced to pay out her contract which could be hundreds of dollars in order for her to go back bell MTS which she was already a customer which I'm guessing with a new contract before the buy out was made final...seeing that she had no choice to go with any other cell provider... That is extortion/blackmail in my opinion.
Photo of Chad Pidruchny

Chad Pidruchny

• 1,286 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Dan

Dan, Champion

• 9,734 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I don't see what's so upsetting about it. Telus is matching you with the same price plan with the same option or better and same Canada Wide Coverage as Bell MTS and same Coverage in Manitoba.
Photo of Leslie Trent

Leslie Trent

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
No their not it's more in my case
Photo of Leslie Trent

Leslie Trent

Also if I upgrade I lose my unlimited data. Voicemail plans also differ as visual voicemail is not included with Telus. Dunno to do hoping I can come back to bell/mts and that is not to late?
Photo of Drauka

Drauka

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ha, Telus is garbage. I had an unlimited plan and I kept getting $300.00+ bills. Seems the phone they sold me kept switching to analog and even changing phone setting to local/home only did not work.
As for coverage it may look nice on a map  but their coverage sucks and get lots of dropped calls or your phone will switch to analog and you get billed for analog calls.

I switch to MTS and gave up my unlimited plan as I was sick of massive bills and dropped calls.
Photo of June Evans

June Evans

• 258 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
So happy we got switched to Telus, thank you MTS! Lower rates, gifts, Excellent Service made my day! MTS service wasn't any better either than Telus, but people are as heck of a lot nicer with Telus.
Photo of Chad Pidruchny

Chad Pidruchny

• 1,286 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I didn't hear the whole conversation .but I'm just guessing here but I think she was a past telus customer and has a grudge against them or maybe it's the area she lives in...as for me I live an hour north of Winnipeg and I had MTS but went to Rogers due to the fact my plan I had with MTS was going to cost me 15-20 more with telus..
Photo of Dan

Dan, Champion

Yes this is the problem people have had bad past experiences with Telus and their horrible coverage in the past. But rest assured Telus customers now have full access to the BellMTS and Rogers shared network so no matter what carrier you are with (Rogers, Telus, BellMTS) you get the same coverage and service everywhere in Manitoba and personally I think Telus customer service is more friendly than Bell's.
Photo of Leslie Trent

Leslie Trent

That's what they say put i have proven that won't a few times where i had servicer with mts but do not with Telus. I dunno why and that's not a one time occurrence
Photo of Jason Z

Jason Z, Official Rep

• 16,946 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Kind of not fair to make inferences based on over hearing a conversation in a mall...that is how rumors are spread. Maybe it was all resolved to the customers satisfaction a few minutes after you left.

Both Bell MTS and TELUS for that matter are trying their best at serving the customers of Manitoba during this transition - let's give everyone the benefit of the doubt as opposed to guessing at what a random customer is experiencing and labeling it blackmail.
(Edited)
Photo of ertyu

ertyu

• 1,884 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Dan

Dan, Champion

That says there won't be a "termination fee" That doesn't say you don't have to pay the outstanding balance of your device.
(Edited)
Photo of ertyu

ertyu

That is what the termination fee is.
Photo of Dan

Dan, Champion

So what you're saying is that if I'm forced to switch to Telus with this brand new $0 Galaxy S7 I got from MTS 2 month ago, they'll just let me cancel my contract for free and keep this brand new 2 month free phone? Don't think so, I think what their saying is there is no termination fee meaning no penalty fee but the remaining cost of your device will have to be paid. Imagine the amount of money the companies would lose if they let people walk away with devices.
Photo of ertyu

ertyu

The only termination fee allowed these days is to pay out the balance on a subsidized device.
Photo of Dan

Dan, Champion

Correct, and that's why they are adversing "no termination fee" because yes that true, but they will still make you pay the reminder of the device. I will even call Telus asking them this question.
Photo of Justin

Justin

• 3,638 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
So the shiny brand new renovated MTS Connect in KP mall was given over to Telus as part of the merger details?  
Correct me if wrong, but was this location not a 4L Communications outlet dealer?  Would this to say that 4L customers may be ones given over to Telus ?
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

• 27,142 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

There will probably be some people that used one of the 4L locations in Manitoba  that will be  moved to Telus,  and maybe to Explornet next year, but the dealers don't own the customers anymore than auto dealers own their customers.    So I don't expect to see a large move of people who dealt with them going to Telus.

If anything 4L may have had a customer contact file for marketing purposes as I have received mailings from 4L after buying a replacement charger from them.  They may use that file to let people know that they are now a Telus dealer and to come back if they liked the service they had last time they were in the store.

Photo of Justin F

Justin F, Official Rep

• 1,326 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello Chad Pidruchny!

In order to satisfy requirements with the competition bureau, and attain green lights from the CRTC, Bell MTS was required to sell 15 of their partner locations, along with 100 000 customers to Telus Mobility.

It is understood, many were not please by this, but it is all a part of ensuring competition, and a level playing field with other carriers, within the province of Manitoba.

Telus will be ensuring all 100 000 of those customers the exact same plan, at the exact same rate, with the exact same coverage or better. We have also heard in some cases there were some added perks to being apart of this migration as well.

All 100 000 customers, (selected at random), will be receiving Telus welcome packages, including all relevant information to make the switch as easy as possible.

If a customer was not happy being part of the migration, or has some added questions, comments, or concerns, Bell MTS has a dedicated Telus migration team, that would be happy to try and resolve any issues that may arise.

I hope this helps address some of those concerns.

As always, should there be any additional questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to comment in the community forums, contact us via webchat on bellmts.ca, or give us a call at 204-225-5687 8:00AM - 6:00PM Monday to Friday, 9:00AM - 5:00PM Saturday. Technical support is also available to you 24/7 365!

Have a great day! :)