5168N Bridge Mode w/ TV

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Can someone explain to me the technical details of how the TV System operates. I would like to operate my own router and put the Pace unit in full bridge mode (NOT DMZ+). I have a relatively advanced setup. I use a Netgear R7000 router flashed with ddwrt firmware. Does the TVs use VLANs? How is the traffic separated?

An alternative is can the Pace gateway receive multiple external IP addresses? i.e using the port option (I can't for the life of me remember what it is called. It is located on the same page as the Bridge Mode option.) Basically I am wondering if it is possible to have the Pace assigned one IP to operate a network for the TVs only and have another, different IP assigned to my home router. The second IP address would be assigned to a port on the Pace where my router plugs in.

I have read all the other posts about this topic and none answer this specific question.

DMZ+ still restricts a couple protocol's that I would like to use.

Thanks,
- C
Photo of Carl

Carl

• 500 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Cj

Cj, Alum

• 3,122 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The RG does have special treatment for the Multicast service to prioritize that traffic. It also is required to set up the mcast network within the home to share the PVR service (although that part may work fine as long as you put all of them on the same router, but I've never tried it). We also set specific flags in the WAN DHCP request to verify your account parameters. All in all, a lot of work goes into the RG firmware, and we still can miss things, like the VPN issues we had

Sounds like you mean Framed Route. You can pay extra for this service, but your Pace RG would still have the gateway IP address