"Is invalid or does not subscribe"

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
I sent a text to my friend who is not with MTS. Immediately after I received a text saying "(their number) is invalid or does not subscribe". They haven't been receiving any of my texts but I am able to call them. What is the problem here?
Photo of Josee

Josee

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Jason Z

Jason Z, Official Rep

• 16,946 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Josee,

I just had our wireless operations group send numerous test text messages to other carriers and they all delivered successfully. That would lead us to believe that there isn't a large scale problem with MTS texts to other carriers. We are also not seeing any alarms on our SMS (text message) network elements.

There is a chance the issue could be with your friends carrier, phone or phone plan. If this persists our Customer Care folks may be able to assist with further investigation and your specific account information. To be safe I would suggest sending us your number and your friends number and we can take a quick check to ensure something didn't get set up incorrectly.

Thanks so much for your question.
(Edited)
Photo of Gorette

Gorette

• 62 Points
My husband is with Rogers (iphone 5) and I have been having the exact same problem ever since I switched to MTS. I can receive text messages from him but every time I try to reply I get the message saying his "number is invalid or does not subscribe." I was with Virgin Mobile before and never had this issue. Side note: When I switched to MTS I also upgraded my phone to a galaxy S5 (from a Galaxy Discover) AND I also brought my old number over to MTS from Virgin. I thought this might have something to do with it but my sister also has an iphone with Rogers just like my husband and I had no problems with her after the switch. What's going on?
(Edited)
Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Official Rep

• 1,182 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Gorette, 

It's definitely possible that something happened when you moved your phone number over from Virgin. Moving your phone number requires work by both carriers and it's possible something was missed.

I would call MTS Customer Care and have them look into your account to see what needs to be done to fix the problem. 
Photo of Leah Marion

Leah Marion

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Im having this problem with my friend right now. I can receive her texts but she doesn't get mine. Shes with Bell mts like i am. the only difference is that her phones an LG.
Photo of Tennille

Tennille, Social Media Coordinator

• 15,526 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Leah, 

Did you reach out to our technical support team as Clifford suggested and get this resolved? 
If you haven't - that is the easiest way to troubleshoot, but you can also reach our teams via Twitter @Bell_MTSHelps and on Facebook. 
Make sure to let them know what kind of phone you have also - you stated your friend has an LG. 

Tennille 
Photo of Leah Marion

Leah Marion

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Tennille, She called technical support and they told her they were testing the ports or something. Now i can text her and ever thing is fine now.
Photo of Tennille

Tennille, Social Media Coordinator

• 15,526 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
We are glad to hear it's working again. :)  
Photo of Clifford Lewis

Clifford Lewis, Champion

• 27,142 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Best thing to do is contact BellMTS support as they can check and see how things are going through the network. They can be reached 24 x 7 at 204-225-5687.