Conversations

Photo of chemist
Services cancellation (moving out of the province)
In about 2 months (mid-June) I will be moving out of the province. Now I am on Total Internet with the contract that ends in July. Could ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of John Ocampo
Locked sim/ PUK code
I was looking through my settings and I went on phone I clicked random things and it asked me for a password it said 3 try's. I didn't re...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Dan
Total Internet Price Hike
Good day, Seeing a price hike of $5 on the total internet on the website. Is this for new customers only or will it increase for exist...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of chemist
No email notification that online bill is ready
I have been having issues with the receiving email notification regarding payment due date. Since Bell have acquired MTS I did not receiv...
  • 5 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Debbie Dunmall
How many minutes have been used
I have the app installed on my phone that tells me how much data I have used but can't find anywhere to know how many of my minutes I hav...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of chemist
Switching to MTS. Got some questions
I decided to switch to MTS as it might save me some money (I am the Home Internet user) because of Total Internet feature. Essentially, I...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of nick
Puk code
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of CoryB
Total Internet Feature Suggestion
On another thread I mentioned how MTS used to unofficially offer increased Internet speeds to customers of both High Speed Internet and T...
  • 3 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
  • Archived
Photo of chemist
Question regarding calls made after 6 pm to 7 am
I have not found how calls made after 6 pm are being charged. In particular, long-distance calls within the province and Canada-wide call...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of ARKAY1_SID
Huge MTS price increase... Bell already calling the shots?
MTS now has started charging $75 (!!!) for 200 minutes and unlimited data. That's a lot more than $55 which MTS charged not long ago for ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Glen Palmer
No cellular data in Riverbend. (Park Manor / Donan / Main)
Almost as soon as we turned into the Riverbend area we noticed there was no internet connectivity on our phones. Apparently the power was...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Dustin
Price matching plans from competitors?
Just curious...will MTS price match (or come close to) wireless and home phone plans from competitors?
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of chemist
Didn't sign up for Ultimate TV, but it appears in MyAccount
While checking MyAccount I found that there is the MTS Ultimate TV service, despite the fact that I didn't sign up for that service. What...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Erin Harder
Incoming Long Distance Calls
If I am in Manitoba and someone from outside Winnipeg or outside of Manitoba (I realize many plans have free long distance between MTS ce...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Chris
MTS iPhone 6s Sale
Just saw that MTS announced the deals on the iPhone 6s 16 and 64gb, was wondering how long these deals will last? :)
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived